Friday, December 16, 2011

Cheeseburger cake for my Hubby!

           No one can accuse my husband of being a herbivore! Whenever we go out to eat there are 3 possibilities on any menu that he considers….Something Parmesan, Something BBQ and Cheeseburgers. Most times he gets the cheeseburger with fries.
 
            One day while perusing Food Network Magazine I saw a picture of a cake for the Cheeseburger lovers out there and naturally I thought of my husband. I was going to make it for his birthday but as with most things when I see something new I just HAVE to try it out right then and there. I am an unabashed instant gratification kind of girl when it comes to certain things! Luckily we were invited to a friends house for a BBQ so I decided to make it for them.
 
             I adapted the design a bit to match what my husband (or most people) likes to get on his burgers and added “tomatoes” and “pickles”. I then made “ketchup” and “mustard” bottles for our friend’s two kids. The result of all my hard work was better than I thought it would be and it was a HUGE hit. I have a few ideas for the next one I make which will make it the “deluxe” version.

with tomato, pickles, lettuce, mustard and Ketchup

No comments:

Post a Comment