Friday, December 16, 2011

Happily Ever After 6/10/11

     This past June, I had the opportunity to make my own wedding cake.  When I first set out to design and make the cake I was slightly apprehensive. A wedding cake is a daunting undertaking for someone who has never done one before. So I gathered all my materials and made the royal icing for the scroll work. When I started baking the cake, my confidence kicked in and I thought “I can do this” with a mental dance in my head that resembled the dance Rocky did when he reached the top of the steps. Anyone who has ever planned a wedding, whether is a small family affair such as mine or if it’s the big traditional wedding, knows the amount of stress that over comes the bride the week of the event.  So the mental Rocky dance was my way of calming down so to speak. When the whole cake was done I actually did a Rocky like dance in my kitchen, which amused my daughters and my husband to no end! In the end it was a lovely wedding with close family and friends accompanied by  a very tasty white and dark chocolate cake with a lemon curd and raspberry filling. The wedding cake did not defeat me after all, only made me stronger and excited to be able to do another one someday!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment